Saturday, June 16, 2007

Garden update

Well despite all the dry weather(no rain for over two weeks) that we have been having the garden is doing quite well. I have been watering it nightly and to my delight everything is growing . I have peppers and tomatoes on the vine as well as zucchini, watermelon, and cantaloupe. The beans, cabbage, and brussel sprouts are progressing quite nicely. After an intense battle with the potato bugs(one in which I defeated those pesky critters) the potatoes are growing extremely well. I am very pleased with the progress of the garden so far. The only thing that has not done well was the beets. Most of them were washed out soon after they were planted (we could sure use some of that rain now) .

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Well at least we got more rain! I am glad of that!
Love,
Abigail