Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

Well once again I have experienced a great day thanks to my family. My loving wife made 2 delicious coffee cakes for breakfast; one blueberry and one cherry. They were both great. We had another wonderful church service and headed home for barbecued pork chops, noodles and carrots. Once again yum! My daughter baked Pig Out Cake for dessert. After dinner, I was presented two gifts.From Tracy, I received a Jerome Bettis jersey, and the kids got me a snow cone maker and four flavors. Mac gave me sour grape, Autumn gave me rootbeer, Collin gave me fruit punch, and Abigail got me cherry. It was a very hot day outside so we enjoyed refreshing cones together. We lounged around, played a little badminton, watched some Nascar and golf on the tube. We had a light supper of crab dip spread and topped it off with some ice cream. All in all it was a very relaxing Father's Day. I am truly blessed to be a father and thankful the Lord has placed me where he did.



I hope all of you dads out there had a great day as well Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Hi Daddy,
I hope that you had a wonderful father's day!
I am very grateful to be your daughter. I love being in a christian family! It is very sad to see familys that are not christians:(. I sometimes wonder if that is what brings divorce.
Love,
Abigail

Verne said...

Abigail,
I had did have a wonderfull fathers day. I am very thankfull that the Lord has placed me to be your Dad. I agree with you it is very sad to see non-chrition families and I am quite sure that does bring divorce. Without God in their lives they are empty. Thanks for posting on my blog.
Love,
Daddy