Sunday, June 10, 2007

Back Home

As I promised, I will try to post at least once a week. (I was a few days off) The last 2 days of vacation included a wonderful Friday in which we flew kites at Jockey's Ridge Park which is a natural sand dune. It was beautiful. There is no way a machine could have created this awesome display that God's hands carved and placed the sand. We flew kites for over an hour. It was great! All you had to do was let go of the kite and away it went. No running full speed for a mile to get the kite up. We then went to the Lost Colony village on Roanoke Island. We walked around and went into another lighthouse. We spent Saturday morning in the pool and went to the ocean for the last time in the afternoon. It was cold as a storm was moving in. We had great weather the entire week. We left at the right time as it rained Saturday evening and for a good 5-6 hours of our drive on Sunday.


We made it back home safely after a 14 our drive last Sunday. We had a wonderful time. The time off from work was much needed. I felt refreshed, although I was not ready to go back to work. I could have used a few more days off. I was however, ready to come home. The outer banks were great and I hope to go back and spend another week there. But there is something about home that I'm always ready to return to. Even though our whole family was together I was eager to pull in our driveway and walk through our doors and sleep in our bed. The key word in the last sentence being our. Something about that which the Lord has given my family, our home. God has entrusted us and blessed us with a beautiful home. We can go and stay in a bigger, more expensive home for a week, and while it was nice, it was not ours. I have felt this way about all 5 houses Tracy and I have lived in. We often take for granted what the Lord provides us with wanting more than we need or deserve. God is so good to us and we need to be thankful for our homes and all that He blesses us with. We are part of His master plan of life and He places us where we need to be to carry out His will.


By the way, as I predicted there were a lot of weeds waiting to be pulled. Collin and I have gotten most of them taken care of. He (Collin) has been a big help in the garden this year.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Hello Dad. I tagged you to do something from my blog.