Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Little Bit About Myself

Well I figure I need to let all of the blogging world a little about myself. As I mentioned I have been happily married to my best friend for almost 18 years. Together we have 4 beautiful children. My loving wife courageously home schools the kids. I give her a lot of credit as it is a very tough job. People often ask me if my wife works and I tell them she may not receive a paycheck but she works harder than I do.

I am in sales for a living and enjoy interacting with people. I have always felt that I can get along with anyone, which comes in handy in the sales world, as I meet all different types of people.

I consider myself a family man as I like to spend my free time with my family. I enjoy all sports with football being my favorite. I run 6 days a week to keep myself in shape. I also enjoy gardening. This is something that I have been doing for the past 2 years. I enjoy working up the soil, planting, weeding, and best of all harvesting. It is a great feeling when you sit down at the dinner table and knowing that the vegetables came from your hard work.

As for my Christian life, I have been a Christian for over 12 years. I was raised in the church but the Lord did call me fully to Himself until after I was married. I do however know that the Lord has been working in my life since I was born. I strive to please God in all aspects of my life.

Well that gives you a little about who I am. I have some ideas of future posts that will include the following topics: Loving your wife as Christ loves His church, working as a Christian in a sinful world, raising Godly children, paralleling gardening with your Christian walk, training for a marathon. This is a goal of mine before I turn 40 and I am currently 39 ;-). Well those topics will keep me busy for a while. I do have some other ideas, however the aforementioned are what is currently on my heart.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi Verne,

I love reading your wife's blog, and it's nice to see yours as well! It's also great to have a husband blogging, as the Christian blogworld seems to be dominated by women! You have a lovely story to tell, and I enjoy reading your posts as they are from a male perspective.

God bless! In His care,

Emily
http://unfurlingflower.wordpress.com